Move to Herning

Newcomer service

Newcomer service is your entrance to Herning.

A place to live

When moving to Herning you need a place to live. Most rental units are flats, but you can also rent a house. Here is a guide to the necessary information.

Children and daycare

In all of Herning Municipality we offer daycare for your little ones.


All children in Denmark must attend school for 10 years from the year they turn 6. Tuition is free at the public schools.