Need help from Citizen Service?

When you first move to Herning, Citizen Service (Borgerservice) helps you with registration at the national registration office (folkeregistret), to get a civil registration number (CPR-nummer), choose doctor, get NemID (MitID) and Digital post for digital self-service and receiving information from the public sector.

At Citizen Service you can also exchange you driver's license if this is necessary.

Please note that it is mandatory to book an appointment at Citizen Service.

Much of the interaction with the public authorities happens via digital self-service. Citizen Service can help and guide you with the self-service solutions. Bring your NemID and key card, if you have this issued.

Luk alle
Åben alle

Contact information and opening hours

Citizen Service (Borgerservice)
Torvet 5 (entry B)
7400 Herning

+45 9628 2400

Opening hours

Week Days



10.00 - 15.00


10.00 - 15.00


10.00 - 15.00


10.00 - 17.00


10.00 - 12.00

Change of address in Denmark

If you move internally in Denmark you need to register the new address. This can be done digitally or by contacting citizen service. Please use Notification of change of address online. 

PostNord will automatically be notified and forward your physical mail from the old address for six months.

Please note! If you are leaving Danmark permanently, it is important to notify that you are leaving your address

The Digital Hotline

Need help with digital self-service?

Call +45 70200000 - day, evening and weekend

Opening hours: